Friday, January 2, 2015

One Resolution, Day 2

Good morning! Here’s our meditation for the day.

Click here - Free Healing Meditation from Deepak Chopra by NPo…:

     I’m still hoping to work toward a regular schedule for these. However, my schedule is currently in flux. Part of this is due to the fact that Dear Hubby has another vacation day.

     This means I’m not alone. It also means I had to be brave because I figured he would tease me about this. You see, he’s kind of like a big, grumpy bear. He’s rough on the outside, but with enough cajoling…I am wondering if I can actually get HIM to meditate! So, I took a deep breath, turned down the volume on his Zombie marathon, and asked him if I could just listen to my video for a few minutes without interruption. HAH! I had a captive audience. Our heater hasn’t kicked on yet, so he was bound by his warm spot on the couch!

     It was hard for me to focus at times. I kept wondering what he was thinking. I peeped an eye open to see that he was fiddling with his phone. That’s Okay. At least he was there and afterward I was able to say, “See, that wasn’t so bad, was it?”

     I offered up the idea that he could really benefit from it, too. It might help his blood pressure. I told him that it has been scientifically proven to do so. (Of course, I may have to prove that in writing.) So, I suggested he try it before work every day. He flat out refused. Then I suggested we just listen together on weekends. He still refused…but with less vigor.

     So, there you have it. A challenge within a challenge for me. Follow along to see if I can get my surly, burly man to join us on this inner journey!

     (By the way, I never really was able to feel or hear my heartbeat. Could you?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I feel so relaxed I'm almost drowsy.
    Thank you for posting that. I'm looking forward to the daily meditation.

    xoxo
    Kim
    Gerushia's New World

    ReplyDelete